Format: Instant Access Recorded Webinar
CEUs: Based on 1 contact hour of training (see CEUs tab for details)
Course Description: This webinar focuses on the use of fire pumps with fire protection systems. Using NFPA 20 Standard for the Installation of Stationary Fire Pumps, the presentation covers the different pump types, acceptable pump drivers, and the various pump controllers. A review of the factors used to determine the need for a fire pump will be given along with an overview of the process for determining the best type of pump and driver including factors such as the severity of the hazard or risk being protected, installation costs, and performance reliability. Finally, using NFPA 25 Standard for the Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems, the basic requirements for the periodic inspection, testing, and maintenance of fire pumps are discussed.
•Explain the purpose of fire pumps.
•Describe the various types of fire pumps, drivers, and controllers.
•Determine the best type of pump and driver for use with the fire protection system.
•Identify and apply the requirements for the periodic inspection, testing, and maintenance of stationary fire pumps.
Russ Leavitt, SET, CFPS
Russ Leavitt is the Executive Chairman of Telgian Corporation. With over 36 years of experience, he holds a Level IV certification from NICET in Fire Sprinkler Layout and Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS) designation. He is a Board Member of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), is the chair of the NFPA 13 Sprinkler System Discharge Criteria technical committee, and serves on the NFPA 13 Installation and NFPA 25 technical committees. Russ conducts seminars internationally on a variety of fire and life safety related subjects and has authored a number of articles and training materials including the AFSA ITM training program and online hydraulic calculation course.
Continuing Education (see details under Certificate section below)
- International Code Council - ICC Approved for 0.1 CEU's
- NICET Continuing Professional Development
- Pennsylvania UCC Approved Continuing Education Provider
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection Continuing Education
Certificate of Completion:
- Each participant registered, attending the full live training webinar or viewing the post-live recorded on-demand webinar will receive a Certificate of Completion (you must be registered under your name to received a certificate, one certificate per registered participant). This certificate will include the participants name, training subject, date, number of training hours completed and the Fire Smarts name, address and phone number.
- Certificates will comply with International Code Council (ICC) CEU requirements for ICC approved training courses. Fire Smarts is an approved training provider of the ICC. ICC CEU’s are assigned based on 0.1 CEU per training contact hour.
- Certificates can be used as supporting documentation for CPD points required for NICET certification. This applies to the “Additional Education” section of NICET Policy #30 on Continuing Professional Development that allows for CPD points for education to advance, broaden and enhance technical knowledge and job skills.
- Certificates can be used as supporting documentation for credit hours required for re-certification as part of the Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code (UCC) program. Continuing education credit is determined as one credit per training contact hour.
- Certificates can be used as supporting documentation for continuing education (CE) hours for Texas Commission on Fire Protection certifications. Fire Smarts is a continuing education source under "Nationally Recognized Training Providers”. Continuing education hours are determined as one CE hour per training contact hour.
This webinar is presented online in a directing and discussion style of teaching. A clear and detailed presentation of the content is given with the aid of PowerPoint presentation slides. Participant questions are encouraged to facilitate understanding and practical application exercises will be given where applicable to the content.