Format: Instant Access Recorded Webinar
CEUs: Based on 1 contact hour of training (see CEUs tab for details)
Course Description: This course examines the scope of NFPA 25 ‘Standard for the Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance (IT&M)’. Basic definitions will be reviewed as well as the IT&M responsibilities of building owners, AHJ’s and contractors/inspectors for these systems. Focus will be given to the inspection frequency requirements including examples of enforcement variations by state. The presenter will also discuss tagging requirements including the use of color-coded tags in certain jurisdictions.
• Learn basic definitions and their application in required IT&M activities
• Explain IT&M activities and frequencies that are within the scope of NFPA 25
• Discuss tagging requirements and the use of color-coded tags
Ralph Bless, P.E., SET, CFPS
Ralph Bless has more than 39 years’ experience in fire protection including a broad range of water based and special hazard system design, code consulting and fire protection engineering services. He has provided services to government, hospitality, warehouse/distribution center, retail, convenience, multi-unit development, multifamily housing, industrial, restaurant, and medical accounts. He is licensed as a Professional Engineer in six states, a Certified Fire Protection Specialist, Level IV NICET senior fire sprinkler layout technician and holds three additional NICET certifications, as well as eight state licenses. Ralph chairs the NFPA technical committee for Record Storage, NFPA 232, and serves on the NFPA technical committees for Water Spray Systems, NFPA 15, as well as the NFPA 13 Installation Technical Committee and Correlating Committee.
Continuing Education (see details under Certificate section below)
- International Code Council - ICC Approved for 0.1 CEU's
- NICET Continuing Professional Development
- Pennsylvania UCC Approved Continuing Education Provider
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection Continuing Education
Certificate of Completion:
- Each participant registered, attending the full live training webinar or viewing the post-live recorded on-demand webinar will receive a Certificate of Completion (you must be registered under your name to receive a certificate, one certificate per registered participant). This certificate will include the participants name, training subject, date, number of training hours completed and the Fire Smarts name, address and phone number.
- Certificates will comply with International Code Council (ICC) CEU requirements for ICC approved training courses. Fire Smarts is an approved training provider of the ICC. ICC CEU’s are assigned based on 0.1 CEU per training contact hour.
- Certificates can be used as supporting documentation for CPD points required for NICET certification. This applies to the “Additional Education” section of NICET Policy #30 on Continuing Professional Development that allows for CPD points for education to advance, broaden and enhance technical knowledge and job skills.
- Certificates can be used as supporting documentation for credit hours required for re-certification as part of the Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code (UCC) program. Continuing education credit is determined as one credit per training contact hour.
- Certificates can be used as supporting documentation for continuing education (CE) hours for Texas Commission on Fire Protection certifications. Fire Smarts is a continuing education source under "Nationally Recognized Training Providers”. Continuing education hours are determined as one CE hour per training contact hour.
This webinar is presented online in a directing and discussion style of teaching. A clear and detailed presentation of the content is given with the aid of PowerPoint presentation slides. Participant questions are encouraged to facilitate understanding and practical application exercises will be given where applicable to the content.