Format: Instant Access Recorded Webinar
CEUs: Based on 1.5 contact hours of training (see CEUs tab for details)
Course Description: This course is based on the 2019 edition of NFPA 13 ‘Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems’ and will assist participants in selecting the appropriate fire sprinkler design criteria for ceiling protection of storage occupancies. The revised format for the 2019 Edition of NFPA 13 now provides separate chapters for each type of storage sprinkler (CMDA, CMSA and ESFR) when using ceiling protection. The presenter will focus on Chapter 21 for Control Mode Density Area (CMDA), Chapter 22 for Control Mode Specific Application (CMSA) and Chapter 23 for Early Suppression Fast Response (ESFR) ceiling only design approaches.
•Locate and understand the applicable chapter associated with ceiling protection design criteria for each storage sprinkler type (CMDA, CMSA, ESFR) within NFPA 13
•Understand how to select the appropriate ceiling protection design criteria based on the selected storage sprinkler type (CMDA, CMSA, ESFR) within each chapter
•Apply the variations in storage type, storage height, commodity classification, sprinkler temperature rating, sprinkler K-Factor, aisle width, storage height, and ceiling height in selecting and adjusting the sprinkler design criteria
Tracey Bellamy, P.E., CFPS, CWBSP
Tracey Bellamy has more than 30 years’ experience in the fire protection community including all areas of the fire sprinkler industry. He has extensive experience with fire suppression system design, fire hazard analysis and fire protection system inspection and testing. He is licensed as a Professional Engineer in 49 U.S. states, District of Columbia and Guam and a Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS). He serves on several NFPA technical and correlating committees including NFPA 13, 15, 16, 25, 30, 30B, 101 and 5000 (building code). Tracey is a member of ASCE, NFPA, and SFPE.
Continuing Education (see details under Certificate section below)
- International Code Council - ICC Approved for 0.15 CEU's
- NICET Continuing Professional Development
- Pennsylvania UCC Approved Continuing Education Provider
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection Continuing Education
Certificate of Completion:
- Each participant registered through Fire Smarts, attending the full live training webinar or viewing the post-live recorded on-demand webinar will receive a Certificate of Completion (you must be registered under your name to receive a certificate, one certificate per registered participant). This certificate will include the participants name, training subject, date, number of training hours completed and the Fire Smarts name, address and phone number.
- Certificates will comply with International Code Council (ICC) CEU requirements for ICC approved training courses. Fire Smarts is an approved training provider of the ICC. ICC CEU’s are assigned based on 0.1 CEU per training contact hour.
- Certificates can be used as supporting documentation for CPD points required for NICET certification. This applies to the “Additional Education” section of NICET Policy #30 on Continuing Professional Development that allows for CPD points for education to advance, broaden and enhance technical knowledge and job skills.
- Certificates can be used as supporting documentation for credit hours required for re-certification as part of the Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code (UCC) program. Continuing education credit is determined as one credit per training contact hour.
- Certificates can be used as supporting documentation for continuing education (CE) hours for Texas Commission on Fire Protection certifications. Fire Smarts is a continuing education source under "Nationally Recognized Training Providers”. Continuing education hours are determined as one CE hour per training contact hour.
This webinar is presented online in a directing and discussion style of teaching. A clear and detailed presentation of the content is given with the aid of PowerPoint presentation slides. Participant questions are encouraged to facilitate understanding and practical application exercises will be given where applicable to the content.